Recently updated on September 9th, 2023 at 07:31 pm
A Guide to The Best Android Casinos
If you are looking for the best Android casinos that Canadian players can enjoy, then you are certainly in the right place. Our guide will provide with our own recommendations for the best online casinos for Android devices while also giving you advice on what you should be looking for from a mobile casino.
To come up with the list of recommendations, we have vigorously tested more than 100 online Android casinos that readily accept Canadian players. Each of these casinos will have strong licensing from the likes of the Kahnawake Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority and/or the UK Gambling Commission and will have a solid reputation among players.
A short summary of what these casinos will provide is:
- A place where Canadians can play for real money
- An interface and games that run perfectly on Android devices
- An enjoyable online casino experience with hundreds of games
These casinos can be enjoyed via a web browser on your Android device or through a dedicated app if one has been developed.
Our Top Android Casino Suggestions:
18+ Please gamble responsibly
How We Review the Best Android Casinos
Mobile casinos have come a long way in recent years due to the popularity of mobile gambling using devices such as smartphones and tablets. Players like to be able to enjoy their slots, table games and live dealer games from anywhere rather than stuck at a desk with a PC.
The only issue is that it is not always easy to take the time to research and find a good quality casino that offers a good games selection and is known to be fair. Fortunately, we have spent our own time making that search a lot easier for you.
When choosing an online Android casino to recommend, the following is what we look out for:
- Strong Licensing: The first thing we look at is what licensing an Android casino has. These regulatory authorities are there to help protect players and to ensure that an online casino is acting fairly, safely, and securely. The MGA, AGCO, UKGC, and KGC are three good regulatory authorities and ones we suggest for Canadian players.
- Good Collection of Games: We also like to make sure that an online casino has a good selection of casino games for players to enjoy. Ideally, these would come from leading developers such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech, Evolution Gaming, Play’N Go, and Betsoft.
- Lucrative Bonuses and Promotions: All players love a good welcome bonus and most online casinos offer them. However, no bonus is the same and thus we like our recommended casinos to offer good value from their bonuses as well as realistic playthrough requirements.
- Responsive Customer Support: Any online casino should strive to offer the best possible customer service and those that do stand a good chance of being recommended by us. 24/7 support that is provided via numerous communication channels is ideal.
- Plenty of Payment Options: it is always good to have plenty of payment options when it comes to depositing and withdrawing at an Android casino. At our recommendations, you should find a mix of direct banking methods and e-wallets at the bare minimum. Some may even allow Bitcoin as a payment method.
- Fast Payouts: Nobody likes to wait too long to receive their winnings and this is why online casinos that payout quickly will always have a good chance of being recommended by us. We also prefer casinos that do not set low maximum withdrawal limits.
- A Good Reputation: If an online casino has a good reputation among players, there is a good chance that you too will have a good experience with them. No online casino will ever have a perfect score in this regard but those with too many complaints will not make our list.
Through our guide, you will not only be able to find already tested online casinos that are perfect for Canadian Android users but will also learn what it is you should be looking from any online casino.
Why You Should Play Casino Games on Your Android or Other Mobile Device
Playing at online casinos is enjoyable no matter what device you use but what are the benefits of playing on an Android device such as a tablet or smartphone? Well for starters, you will have the:
- Freedom to play from anywhere – The main benefit of playing at online casinos using an Android or iOS device is the fact that you can play from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. You might be on a break at work, waiting for an appointment at the doctors, or simply sat in your underwear at home. You no longer have to be tied to a desktop computer to be able to enjoy online casinos.
- Ability to be able to enjoy an optimized interface that fits your device perfectly – Any online casino worth it’s salt will ensure that mobile players have an optimized experience when playing. This means a minimalistic design with a few menus and large buttons that are easy to press on smaller screens. Scrolling and swiping are also key features that make playing on a mobile device that so much easier.
- Ability to enjoy slots games that were designed specifically for mobile devices – Most online slots and other casino games these days are designed with a strong focus on mobile players. These games will have been designed with mobile players in mind and therefore should give you a seamless and enjoyable experience no matter which device you are playing on.
Should You Play Downloadable Android App or Instant Play Casino?
The great thing about playing from an Android device is that you will be able to enjoy both browser-based instant play casinos and downloadable casino apps. You will find that most online casinos these days are well-optimized for mobile devices. Some will also offer apps that can be downloaded directly from the casino website or in some cases from the respective app play store.
Instant-play casinos are designed with all types of devices in mind. They are ideal whether you are playing from a computer, tablet, or mobile smartphone, using technology such as Adobe Flash, developed and maintained by Adobe Systems. This technology is compatible with a wide range of devices and operating systems. Adobe Flash supports animations and high-quality video streaming and can be accessed on various platforms. Other technologies used for instant-play casinos include Java and HTML5. So, there is no need to download any games; you can play directly through your browser smartly and quickly.
Dedicated apps for Android and iOS are specifically designed for mobile device users. While these apps may offer a more limited selection of games in some instances, they are generally easier to navigate and faster to launch. It’s worth noting that real-money gaming may not be available in certain countries through these apps.
Ultimately, it will come down to which type you prefer. Having a choice is a great thing though as desktop players have no such thing.
Drawbacks of Using Apps:
Using casino apps instead of instant-play platforms comes with both advantages and disadvantages. Here are some potential drawbacks to consider:
- Limited Game Selection: Casino apps may offer fewer games than their instant-play counterparts, which can be accessed through a web browser and often have a broader range of options.
- Storage Space: Downloading an app consumes storage space on your device, which may be a concern if you’re running low.
- Software Updates: Apps require regular updates, which consume more data and may introduce bugs or compatibility issues.
- Device Compatibility: Some apps are designed specifically for specific operating systems and may not be available for all devices.
- Geographic Restrictions: In some regions, real-money gambling through apps may be restricted due to local laws.
- Installation Time: Although usually quick, downloading and installing an app does take some time, as opposed to instant-play casinos, which you can play immediately via a web browser.
- Security Risks: Downloading apps from unknown sources can expose your device to security risks, although this is generally not a concern with well-known, reputable casino brands.
- User Experience: While apps are generally designed to be user-friendly, some may find navigating a smaller screen more complex than playing on a desktop via a web browser.
- Data Usage: Running apps could consume more data than simply accessing a website, which might concern those without an unlimited data plan.
- Restricted Features: Some features available on the desktop version of a casino might not be available in its app.
Weighing these disadvantages against the advantages like ease of use, better graphics, and faster load times can help you decide which option is best for your needs.
What Games Can You Play at Android Casinos
The games that you can play using your Android device will be the same types of games that all other players can enjoy. The most popular type is that of slots and these will usually make up the majority of the games catalogues at most online casinos. That said, there are plenty of other types of games that you can enjoy as well.
Here is the full list of what you can expect with regards to game selections at Android casinos:
- Online Slots – Whether you enjoy classic slots that offer just a few paylines or modern video slots with excellent graphics and as many as thousands of ways to win, you will find a good selection of either at an Android casino. All the top names such as NetEnt, Microgaming, and Playtech design and develop online slots that will look great while providing top class entertainment on your mobile device.
- Progressive Jackpot Slots – For the bigger payouts, you will want to play the numerous progressive jackpot slots that have been optimized to run on mobile devices. There are plenty of them and most online casinos will at least offer you a small selection that you can enjoy. You will normally find these in their own separate category at an online casino but occasionally they will be mixed in with standard slot games.
- Software-based Table Games – Table games is another type of game that is not in short supply at online casinos. These usually offer simply graphics, so even if your Android device does not have the greatest specs, you will not have trouble playing them. Blackjack, Roulette, and Baccarat are just some of the popular table games that can be enjoyed at online casinos.
- Live Casino Games – For the ultimate casino experience, live dealer games are where you will want to be. You will place your bets from your Android device while watching a live dealer/croupier hosting a game via a stream from another location. They will deal the cards or spin the wheel while you hope that the luck falls on your side.
- Other Types of Games – While not as popular as the types of games listed above, you will also be able to play games such as bingo, video poker and instant win games. These can actually be quite enjoyable, especially when you feel like you want to try out something a bit different. Just make sure you understand the rules or play a few free games before risking any money.
Play for Free or Play for Money?
Most of the games we listed above will usually be offered on a free to play format. Only live casino games cannot be played this way which is understandable considering the cost of hosting these live tables with fully-trained dealers and croupiers.
If you do not want to risk money on a game you have not played before or just want to enjoy some quality gaming without wagering any money, these free versions are what you will want to play.
Tips on Choosing the Perfect Android Casino
With a better understanding of Android casinos and the games that you can enjoy at them, you might be thinking about finding one to sign up to. We do suggest you take a look at the casinos we have recommended but if you wanted to have a look around for yourself, we would ask that you at least follow some of our tips on what to look out for.
- Is the online casino licensed? – Any online casino that you are considering should have some form of licensing from a reputable regulatory authority. In fact, if you cannot find any evidence of licensing at all, we strongly recommend that you play elsewhere. Go for an online casino that is licensed by the Kahnawake Gambling Commission, Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, UK Gambling Commission, or the Malta Gaming Authority.
These regulatory authorities are there to keep online casinos in check and to make sure that your experience is a fair and safe one.
- Does the online casino offer lucrative bonuses and promotions? – Most online casinos will offer bonuses and promotions starting with a welcome bonus. The key is to find one that is of good value and is not overly greedy with regards to the playthrough requirements. Welcome bonuses, in particular, can offer substantial bonus cash and sometimes free spins but it is important to understand the terms and conditions associated them.
Always go with a casino that offers realistic wagering requirements and not too many stipulations such as max bets, max win amounts, and too short an expiration date.
- Does the online casino have a good reputation? – A good reputation is one of the best signs that an online casino is going to be a good place to play. If a casino has been around a good number of years and players, in general, have little to complain about, there is a good chance that you will also have a positive experience.
On the flip side, a bad reputation is hard to shake off and therefore, if you are thinking of giving an online casino with a suspect reputation a chance, you should have no complaints if you end up disappointed at how you have been treated.
- Is the customer support available 24/7 and what sort of communication channels do they offer? – If you have ever suffered issues at an online casino, you will know just how frustrating it can be when their customer support is not very responsive. While not every casino offers 24/7 support, if you value quick responses and faster resolutions, you should be aiming for one that does. Additionally, you should be able to speak to this support via numerous methods such as live chat, email, phone and via social media.
- Are Canadian players allowed to play there? – All casinos listed you will find on OnlineCasinos.net takes Canadian players, but not all online casinos on the internet take Canadian players.
Obviously, this is quite important if you are based in Canada and are looking for an Android casino to play at that is not listed on OnlineCasinos.net. You should check the terms and conditions at the casino to make sure that Canada is not on the list of restricted countries. It is better to do this rather than wasting time trying to sign up and deposit only to find out that you cannot.
FAQ for Playing Android Casinos
You might also want to read: