Recently updated on February 5th, 2023 at 05:19 pm
A Decisive Guide to the Best Casino Apps in Canada
Welcome to our Casino, Slots, Roulette, and Blackjack App Guide
Ultimately, a casino app should give you access to all the fun and excitement you would have in a land-based casino. It should replicate a live experience as closely as possible onto your mobile device. But unfortunately, that is no easy task.
Getting an entire casino into a screen with only a few centimetres is tricky.
The app developers must consider the processing power of the devices the app will run on.
Mobile devices also need to deal with all your casino financial needs.
Most of the casino app developers that have made casino apps have done an outstanding job.
In many ways, they have succeeded what many thought would be impossible. Now, all you need to do is search on Google or the Apple Store and Google Play store. You can then find many casino apps for downloading an online casino app for your mobile. But, there is also a newer, more straightforward way of using HTML5. You can now simply go to the online casino website, sign up, and play from your browser.
Yet, some prefer apps that are also free to download, like playing easily with your browser. You can also play the games the casinos have to offer without committing a penny of your cash:
- Use No Deposit Bonuses to make bets with Free Cash.
- Play the free games offered by online casino apps.
- Go to the casino, sign up, and log in. Most online casinos have both free play and real money options.
Some might still be skeptical about playing real money poker, baccarat, roulette, blackjack, or slots. So there are still quite a few questions we will answer below.
- How do real money casino apps work?
- What are the pros and cons?
Luckily for you and all those who still have questions to ask about playing real money on the move. We have been hard at work testing as many casino apps as possible!
Once you get going, you can play slot app games like Mega Moolah, which has a world record payout of £13,213,838.00 = C$20,073,583.00 jackpot win pinned to its name!
Here are our top rates online casino apps for mobile for 2023:
- Vegas Paradise Play Here
- Jackpot City Play Here
- Gaming Club Play Here
- Lucky Nugget Play Here
- River Belle Play Here
What is an online casino app?
You can find a casino app for almost any device that connects to the internet:
- Android smartphones – all smartphone brands.
- Windows Devices – PC, touchpad.
- Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, iMac, iPad.
Many, if not all, the apps are compact versions of the desktop online casino version. Each app is designed to work on your device’s screen size. And use your device’s processing power to provide the best possible casino gaming experience.
So this is the beauty of online casino apps. They adapt to your device so you can experience the graphics, sound effects, and look. So you can get the feel of a desktop casino straight from your mobile device.
What about playing real money on a casino app?
If you want to get your money in and have a punt on the many casino card games, whirl the wheel, roll dice, or spin the reels. Then casino apps allow this.
Mobile apps are the ideal option for real money casino gaming:
- Ensure your country allows you to deposit real money for mobile casino play.
- Set up and deposit funds into your casino app account.
- Start playing blackjack, roulette, baccarat, poker, and slots.
- Real money payouts with the option to win progressive jackpots.
- High and low stakes options.
After you download your app, you can place bets from C$1 to C$1,000, depending on whether you are a casual casino hobbyist or a serious high roller whale!
If you want to play free casino games from a real money casino, then that is also an option
How do I get my casino app experience started?
First, you need to make sure that you download a trustworthy casino application. We have recommended our top 5 casino apps above. We have listed these as our favourites. And have tested all and found the advantages and disadvantages of playing an online casino app.
Otherwise, research all the casino app options you have available:
- Select the casino app that appeals to you the most.
- Sign up with your email account.
- Test the free play games.
- Deposit real money play.
Once you have funded your casino account, your app will display your casino balance. You can then go to the gaming section, slots or table games, and start making real money wagers.
How can I make sure I find the best casino app for me?
This is where we come in! We are here to help you make the right decision and avoid starting your mobile casino experience in disaster.
- Why you should seriously consider taking our advice:
- We have over 20 years of experience reviewing and gambling on casino websites.
- Our due diligence when testing casinos results from our many years of testing.
- We have tested many Android, Windows, and iOS casino apps on various devices.
We must stress that when you start to look for a mobile casino app, you will be flooded with 100s of options. Many of them will be very appealing. Nonetheless, that does not mean that the best-looking app is not a rouge company. And the sole aim of cheating out of your winnings. We have made a lot of effort to single out these cheats and promote the casino apps that stand out.
How we Test Casino Apps
The path we take to single out the best online casino apps is not an easy one – nonetheless – it is a lot of fun. This is our job, and we love it, and all feel privileged that we, as a team, wake up in the morning knowing that we will be testing yet another new casino app! It does not get much better than that in our eyes.
Here are some of the areas we check to make sure a casino app is up to scratch:
- Games Available – Game variety is obviously the first point we take into consideration. This means having plenty of games with different variations of each game.
- Reputable developers: Microgaming, NetEnt, and NextGen.
- Game variations are important: this means casinos must-have games like European Roulette or Vegas Strip Blackjack.
- Live Dealer Suits: play on live dealer tables from your mobile.
- Game playability: smooth gameplay and connectivity.
- Bonus Promos – Getting the right bonus may seem obvious – go for the biggest offer. That is not always true because the larger bonuses usually make up for shortfalls and have huge playthroughs attached to them.
- Welcome bonuses with reasonable playthroughs.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal bonuses.
- No Deposit bonus codes.
- VIP/Loyalty Programs.
- Safe/Secure/Trustworthy – All casino apps are connected to a casino brand. We make sure that the brand’s operator has all the correct credentials:
- A site with https and financial quality 128-bit encrypted connections.
- State-of-the-art technology such as firewalls and access control.
- Approval from a well-known committee such as ECOGRA.
- Fully licenced with a trusted online casino licencing body
- Deposit/Withdrawal – playing real money on your app means that you want to be able to not only fund your casino play, but when you win, you want to enjoy the cash too!
- We test all the deposit methods available and how long it takes to show on your balance.
- We also test withdrawals and the amount of time it takes to receive your money.
- Look at how many different deposit and withdrawal methods are available.
- VISA, MasterCard, Debit Cards, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill and more.
- Customer Support – This is very important. The casinos experience is always about the luxury of being looked after by the casino.
- All casinos must have 24-hour support open 365 days a year.
- Test email support, responses and response times.
- Live chat support services.
- Telephone support.
These are the first 5 points we look into when we start to play on a mobile casino app. We also have sub categories that we study and use to rate the casino app:
- Feedback from our loyal followers.
- Newsletters from the casino.
- Promo awareness campaigns from the casino.
- VIP/Loyalty bonus awards changes.
All these areas mentioned above are vigorously tested, and their results are clubbed together into a scoring system. The outcome is that each scored area provides us with a final rating for each online casino so we can give you the very best recommendations possible.
This has all been done by us to save you the effort and stress of having to download different apps and find out yourself, which in some cases can deal out some harsh lessons to learn.
Guide on How to install a Casino App
When you choose the casino brand that you feel is most suitable to you, then you just need to visit the app store that is compatible with your device.
This usually means you have 2 options we recomend the 1st option:
- To make sure you get the right app from the online casino of your choice is to simply visit the casino’s website from your browser.
- Find the download app option either by clicking on a sign-up bonus offer or download area.
- You will be automatically directed through the process of downloading the casino app.
2. App Store & Google Play
You can find the app by searching the casino name in either of these stores. Once you have found the relevant app, it is the same process as any other app – just click download and wait for your device to confirm that the download is complete.
Should you choose to go directly to the casino site to download the app and find there is no option to download to your mobile, then it is likely the casino does not offer a mobile app download for the device that you are using. Still, you should then be able to sign up and play directly from your mobile browser.
The Games That are Available to Play via a Casino App
Although the vast majority of new online casino games released today are made to work on multiple devices, you will find that the number of games available on your mobile device is slightly less than if you played on your desktop device.
Nonetheless, that does not mean you are still not spoilt for choice. There are around 100 real money casino games available on online casino platforms provided by software developers like Microgaming and NetEnt.
Here is a list that gives you just a taste of what to expect:
- Merlin’s Millions
- Mega Moolah
- Jurassic World
- Agent Jane Blonder
- Game of Thrones
- Player’s Choice
- Classic Gold Series
- Scratch Cards
- Irish Eyes
- Ramesses Riches
- Volcano Eruption
- Other Popular Games
- Jack or Better Video Poker
- Aces and Eights Video Poker
- Deuces Wild
What keeps online casinos as impressive, if not debatably more entertaining than brick and mortar casinos, is the sheer variety of ways to play each game. Many land-based casinos will have maybe 1 or 2 versions of Blackjack or Roulette.
On the contrary, online casinos will provide you with multiple ways to play the same game, but slightly different rules to the way the game is played.
How safe are online casino apps to play?
Provided you do your homework and make sure you find out as much information as possible about the casino apps that are most appealing to you. Always choose a fully licensed casino app; all the casinos we list on onlinecasinos.net are fully licensed; then, safety is not an issue.
Here are some tips:
- Ensure they have financial industry-graded security encryption (128-bit minimum). This will ensure all your personal details are kept safe.
- Play on a secure WiFi connection to avoid any mishaps that could occur on public WiFi that hackers and packet sniffers are likely to target.
- Ensure a trustworthy regulation board certifies the casino like we have done with all online casinos listed on onlinecasinos.net. If you are in the UK, for example, then the casino will be regulated via the UK Gambling Commission.
- You can also check for reviews from other players that use or have played at the same casino you are interested in downloading the app from.
Even if you are playing an online casino or accessing your internet banking via your laptop or mobile device, then the same rules always apply. Think about safety first to ensure that your personal details, as well as banking information, are kept safe and securer from prying eyes.
What are the differences between mobile casino apps and desktop online casinos?
Most of the differences between a desktop experience versus a mobile app casino experience are basically common sense:
- You can plug your desktop into huge screens with surround sound action.
- Desktop casinos have a much more comprehensive game selection than mobile apps.
- You have access to many of the originally designed online casino games.
- Playing via your desktop means you are restricted from moving around.
- Your mobile casino app means you can play anywhere.
What are the differences between land-based casinos and online casinos
Once again, there are the obvious points to mention. Land-based casinos give you a far more authentic casino experience because you will be there physically at the casino table playing with other people.
We can mention some of the advantages to online casinos, however:
- Floor space does not restrict the number of games online casinos can host.
- More variations of blackjack, roulette, and other tables games are available online.
- Computer code is limitless, meaning designers can bring out any game variation.
- You get far more bonus incentives playing online than playing at a live casino.
- When playing online and mobile casinos, you do not need to Tip the dealers.
Maybe we have missed a few points here, but you can build a clear picture of just how much more flexible an online casino can be, especially when it comes to computer code.
For example, Microgaming has a Roulette game called Multi-Wheel Roulette. You make your bets on one single roulette board, but you can spin from 1 to 8 wheels. If you spin eight wheels, your bet is multiplied eight times! This is only made possible by computer code!
Will I be able to use a mobile app casino account on multiple devices?
Yes, you will, as you will have signed up to an online casino brand, then you will have an account with that casino.
What does this mean?
If that casino offers iOS apps, Android Apps, a downloadable desktop app, or even better an HTML5 play from your computer browser, then you will be able to log on and play using any one of these methods. For instance, you may have a Samsung Android Smartphone and an Apple iPad.
Provided the online casino has an iOS app and an Android app, then you can play using the same account on your Samsung Android as you would play using your Apple iPad. You can even log on to your Windows desktop and log on to the online casino using the exact same login credentials and play on the same account with the same balance!
Playing Apps With Only Free Casino Games
The Top Casino Apps for Android on Google Play
Many free casino apps are available on Google Play, and the top 10 may vary depending on the criteria used to rank them. If you want to play many different games, it is better to play at the above real money casino apps, and they also offer free play. However, here are 10 popular casino apps that are currently available on Google Play:
- Jackpot Party – Casino Slots: This app features a variety of slot machines, as well as casino games like blackjack and poker.
- DoubleDown Casino Slots & More: This app offers a wide selection of slot machines, as well as classic casino games like blackjack, poker, and roulette.
- Huuuge Casino Slots – Play Free Slot Machines: This app features a variety of slot machines, as well as casino games like baccarat and blackjack.
- Slotomania – Vegas Casino Slots: This app offers a large selection of slot machines, as well as daily bonuses and special promotions.
- Big Fish Casino – Free Slots, Vegas Slots & Slot Tournaments!: This app features a variety of slot machines, as well as casino games like blackjack, poker, and roulette.
- myVEGAS Slots – Free Casino: This app offers a variety of slot machines, as well as the ability to earn rewards for playing at real-world casinos.
- DoubleU Casino – Free Slots, Poker, Blackjack and Baccarat: This app features a variety of slot machines, as well as casino games like poker, blackjack, and baccarat.
- Pop Slots Casino – Free Chips: This app offers a variety of slot machines, as well as the ability to earn rewards for playing at real-world casinos.
- Casino Frenzy – Free Slots & Casino Games: This app features a variety of slot machines, as well as casino games like blackjack, poker, and baccarat.
- GSN Casino: Slot Machine Games: This app offers a variety of slot machines, as well as casino games like blackjack, poker, and baccarat. It also features live tournaments and other special events.
It is important to note that these 10 Google Play apps are for entertainment purposes only and do not offer the opportunity to win real money. It is also important to gamble responsibly and to be aware of the risks associated with gambling. If you or someone you know may have a gambling problem, you can find help here.
Here Are the Top Ones for IOS Devices
- Slotomania: A popular slot machine app with a wide range of virtual slot machines and daily bonuses.
- DoubleDown Casino: An app that offers a variety of casino games, including slots, blackjack, and roulette.
- Big Fish Casino: A casino app that features a variety of games, including slots, blackjack, and poker.
- Jackpot Party: A casino app that offers a variety of slot machines and casino games.
- myVEGAS: An app that allows players to earn real-world rewards, such as free hotel stays and meals, by playing a variety of casino games.
You might also want to read: