A Decisive Guide to the Best Casino Apps
Welcome to our Casino, Slots, Roulette, and Blackjack App Guide
Ultimately a casino app is supposed to give you access to all the fun and excitement that you would have in a land-based casino and replicate an experience as close as possible to this onto your mobile device. That is no easy feat when you look at the challenges app developers face:
- Getting an entire casino into a screen that is only a few centimeters is tricky business
- The app developers must consider the processing power of the devices the app will run on
- Mobile devices also need to be able to deal with all your casino financial needs
For the most part, the app developers that began the trend of real money casino gaming have done an outstanding job.
In many ways, they have succeeded what many thought would be impossible. Now, all you need to do is search on Google, Yahoo, or on the Apple Store and Google Play stores to find tons of options for you to download an online casino app for your mobile.
They are also free to download, and you can play the games the casinos have to offer without having to commit a penny of your own cash.
- Use No Deposit Bonuses to make bets with Free Cash
- Play the free games offered by online casino apps
There are still quite a few questions to be answered for those still skeptical about playing real money poker, baccarat, roulette, blackjack, or slots.
- How do real money casino apps work?
- What are the pros and cons?
- Well luckily for you, and all those that still have questions to ask about playing real money on the move, we have been hard at work testing as many casino apps as we possibly can!
Once you get going, you could be playing on slots like Mega Moolah, which has a world record £13,213,838.00 = $16,953,859.00 jackpot payout pinned to its name!
Here are our top rates online casino apps for mobile for 2018:
- Vegas Paradise Play Here
- Cloud Casino Play here
- Jackpot City Play Here
- Gaming Club Play Here
- Lucky Nugget Play Here
What is an online casino app?
Casino apps are basically downloaded in the same way as any other app. Once you have successfully downloaded the casino, you need to sign up to play.
It really is as simple as that. Note that you can also download apps that are specific to your device. Therefore, if you have an iOS device by Apple or an Android device, then you would visit the online store and download the app specific to your device.
You can literally find a casino app for almost any device that connects to the internet:
- Android smartphones – all smartphone brands
- Windows Devices – PC, touchpad
- Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, iMac, iPad
Many if not all the apps are essentially compact versions of the desktop online casino. Only the app itself has been designed to work on your device’s screen size and utilize your device’s processing power to provide the best possible casino gaming experience.
This is the beauty of online casino apps. They adapt to your device so you can experience the graphics, sound effects as well as the look and feel of a desktop casino straight from your mobile device.
What about playing real money on my casino app?
If you want to play free casino games from a real money casino, then that is always an option. However, if you are looking to get your money in and have a punt on the many casino card games, whirl the wheel, roll dice, or spin the reels, then casino apps allow just this.
Mobile apps are the ideal option for real money casino gaming:
- Ensure your country allows you to deposit real money for mobile casino play
- Set up and deposit funds into your casino app account
- Start playing blackjack, roulette, baccarat, poker and slots
- Real money payouts with the option to win progressive jackpots
- High and low stakes options
Right after you download your app, you could be placing bets from £1 to £1,000 depending on whether you are a casual casino hobbyist or a serious high whale!
How do I get my casino app experience started?
First, you need to make sure that you download a trustworthy casino application. We have recommended our top 5 as per above. We have listed these as our favourites because we have tested all the advantages and disadvantages of playing an online casino app.
- Research all the casino app options you have available
- Select the casino app that appeals to you the most
- Sign up with your email account
- Test the free play games
- Make a deposit for real money play
Once you have funded your casino account, your app will display your casino balance. You can then go to the gaming section be it slots or tables games and start making real money wagers.
How can I make sure I find the best casino app for me?
This is where we come in! We are here to help you make the right decision and avoid starting your mobile casino experience in disaster.
Why you should seriously consider taking our advice:
- We have years of experience reviewing casino websites
- Our due diligence when testing casinos is a result of our many years of testing
- We have tested many Android, Windows, and iOS casino apps on a variety of devices
One point we must stress is that when you start to look for a mobile casino app, you will be flooded with 100s of options. Many of them will be extremely appealing. Nonetheless, that does not mean that the best-looking app is not a rouge company that has the soul aim of cheating out of your winnings. We have gone to a lot of effort to single out these cheats as well as promote the casino apps that stand out.
How do we test casino apps?
The path we take to single out the best online casino apps is not an easy one – nonetheless – it is a lot of fun. This is our job, and we love it and all feel privileged that we as a team wake up in the morning knowing that we will be testing yet another new casino app! It does not get much better than that in our eyes.
Here are some of the areas we check to make sure a casino app is up to scratch:
- Games Available –Game variety is obviously the first point we take into consideration. This means having plenty of games with different variations of each game.
- Reputable developers: MicroGaming, NetEnt and NextGen
- Game variations is important: this means European Roulette or Vegas Strip Black
- Live Dealer Suits: play on live dealer tables fromm your mobile
- Game playability: smooth gameplay and connectivity
- Bonus Promos – Getting the right bonus may seem obvious – go for the biggest offer. That is not always true because the larger bonuses usually make up for shortfalls on the casino app.
- Welcome bonuses with reasonable playthroughs
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal bonuses
- No Deposit bonus codes
- VIP/Loyalty Programs
- Safe/Secure/Trustworthy – All casino apps are connected to a casino brand. We make sure that the brand’s operator has all the correct credentials:
- A site with https and financial quality 128-bit encrypted connections
- State-of-the-art technology such as firewalls and access control
- Approval from a well-known committee such as ECOGRA
- Fully licenced with a trusted online casino licencing body
- Deposit/Withdrawal – playing real money on your app means that you want to be able to not only fund your casino play, but when you win, you want to enjoy the cash too!
- We test all the deposit methods available and how long it takes to show on your balance
- We also test withdrawals and the amount of time it takes to receive your money
- Look at how many different deposit and withdrawal methods are available
- VISA, MasterCard, Debit Cards, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill and more
- Customer Support – This is very important. The casinos experience is always about the luxury of being looked after by the casino.
- All casinos must have 24-hour support open 365 days a year
- Test email support, responses and response times
- Live chat support services
- Telephone support
These are the first 5 points we look into when we start to play on a mobile casino app. We also have sub categories that we study and use to rate the casino app:
- Feedback from our loyal followers
- Newsletters from the casino
- Promo awareness campaigns from the casino
- VIP/Loyalty bonus awards changes
All these areas mentioned above are vigorously tested and their results are clubbed together into a scoring system. The outcome is that each scored area provides us with a final rating for each online casino so we can provide you with the very best recommendations possible.
This has all been done by us to save you the effort and stress of having to download different apps and find out yourself, which in some cases can deal out some harsh lessons to learn.
Once I have chosen a casino app, how do I install it?
When you choose the casino brand that you feel is most suitable to you, then you just need to visit the app store that is compatible with your device.
This usually means you have 2 options:
You can find the app by searching the casino name in either of these stores. Once you have found the relevant app, it is the same process as any other app – just click download and wait for your device to confirm that the download is complete.
Another sure-fire way to make sure you get the right app from the online casino of your choice is to visit the casino’s website from your browser.
- Find the download app option either by clicking on a sign-up bonus offer or download area
- You will be automatically directed through the process of downloading the casino app
Should you choose to go directly to the casino site to download the app and find there is no option to download to your mobile, then it is likely the casino does not offer a mobile app download for the device that you are using.
What games are available to play via a casino app?
Although the vast majority of new online casino games released in this day and age are also made to work on multiple mobile devices, you will find that the number of games available on your mobile device are slightly less than if you played on your desktop device.
Nonetheless, that does not mean you are still not spoilt for choice. There are around 100 real money casino games available on online casino platforms provided by software developers like Microgaming and NetEnt.
Here is a list that gives you just a taste of what to expect:
- Merlin’s Millions
- Mega Moolah
- Jurassic World
- Agent Jane Blonder
- Game of Thrones
- Player’s Choice
- Classic Gold Series
- Scratch Cards
- Irish Eyes
- Ramesses Riches
- Volcano Eruption
- Other Popular Games
- Jack or Better Video Poker
- Aces and Eights Video Poker
- Deuces Wild
What keeps online casinos as impressive if not debatably more entertaining than brick and mortar casinos is the sheer variety of ways to play each game. Many land-based casinos will have maybe 1 or 2 versions of Blackjack or Roulette.
On the contrary, online casinos will provide you with multiple ways to play the same game, but slightly different rules to the way the game is played.
How safe are online casino apps to play?
Provided you do your homework and make sure you find out as much information as possible about the casino apps that are most appealing to you, then safety is not an issue.
Here are some tips:
- Ensure they have financial industry graded security encryption (128-bit minimum). This will ensure all your personal details are kept safe.
- Play on a secure WiFi connection to avoid any mishaps that could occur on public WiFi that hackers and packer sniffers are likely to target
- Ensure the casino is certified by a trustworthy regulation board. If you are in the UK for example, then it will be regulated via the UK Gambling Commission
- Check for reviews from other players that use or have played at the same casino you are interested in downloading the app from
Even if you are playing an online casino or accessing your internet banking via your laptop or mobile device, then the same rules always apply. Think about safety first to ensure that your personal details as well as banking information is kept safe and securer from prying eyes.
What are the differences between mobile casino apps and desktop online casinos?
Most of the differences of a desktop experience versus a mobile app casino experience are basically common sense:
- You can plug your desktop into huge screens with surround sound action
- Desktop casinos have a much wider selection of games compared to mobile apps
- You have access to many of the originally designed online casino games
- Playing via your desktop means you are restricted from moving around
- Your mobile casino app means you can play anywhere
What are the differences between land-based casinos and online casinos?
Once again there are the obvious points to mention. Land-based casinos give you far more authentic casino experience because you will be there physically at the casino table playing with other people.
We can mention some of the advantage to online casinos however:
- Floor space does not restrict the number of game online casinos can host
- More variations of blackjack, roulette and other tables games are available online
- Computer code is limitless meaning designers can bring out any variation of game
- You get far more bonus incentives playing online compared to playing at a live casino
Maybe we have missed a few points here, but you can build a clear picture of just how much more flexible an online casino can be; especially when it comes to computer code.
For example, Microgaming has a Roulette game called Multi-Wheel Roulette. You make your bets on 1 single roulette board, but you can spin from 1 to 8 wheels. If you spin 8 wheels, your bet is multiplied 8 times! This is only made possible by computer code!
Will I be able to use mobile app casino account on multiple devices?
As you will have signed up to an online casino brand, then you will have an account with that casino.
What does this mean?
If that casino offers, iOS apps, Android Apps, a desktop downloadable app or even better a HTML5 play from your computer browser, then you will be able to log on and play using any one of these methods. For instance, you may have a Samsung Android Smartphone and an Apple iPad.
Provided the online casino has an iOS app and an Android app, then you can play using the same account on your Samsung Android as you would play using your Apple iPad. You can even log on to your Windows desktop and log on to the online casino using the exact same log on credentials and play on the same account with the same balance!