Recently updated on August 28th, 2023 at 04:13 pm
Review River Rock Casino – Richmond Casino Hotel Resort
The River Rock Casino in British Columbia is one of the classiest Hotel resorts in Canada and comes with a large gambling suite included as part of the hotel’s entertainment. It was founded back in 2004 and has been accommodating casual gamblers and professionals alike to this day continue to do so in decades to come.
It offers a huge variety of table and slot games, premium-quality food and beverages, but it also hosts weddings and there is a live theatre; what’s more, you could even rent the ‘River Rock Show Theatre’ if you feel you’re up for it, although it is pricey.
The resort offers luxurious rooms with free parking, Wi-Fi, and various complementary recreational elements, such as the pool with a water slide, fitness centers, and more.
However, the main attraction for gamblers is the excellently presented casino that is open 24/7, has all the most popular table games such as roulette, blackjack, craps, and baccarat, and is a popular joint for locals as well as tourists to mingle.
River Rock Casino Games
The River Rock Richmond Casino Hotel Resort is absolutely huge; its total gaming space measures just over 70,000 square feet and hosts approximately 10,000 visitors daily on average. It boasts 396 rooms, including standard apartments, rooms, and premium suites.
You’ll get the opportunity to indulge in Poker games, slot games, table games, Racebook games, and become a premium member of the Player’s Club which will give you access to VIP exclusive features.
Casino Gaming Options:
- Fortune Pai Gow
As mentioned before, the River Rock Casino accommodates approximately 10,000 visitors on average; this includes gamblers, people who have come to enjoy the food and the River Rock Theatre, as well as those who’ve come to rest and enjoy the scenery.
With over 70,000 square feet of gaming space, it’s pretty safe to say that there’s maybe even too much space to go around. The poker rooms are huge and are open 7 days a week from 11 am to 3 am; there are more than 1200 slots for players to enjoy, and various blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and craps games. There’s also a huge selection of popular variations of dice and card games, such as the 4-card Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em, and similar.
River Rock Casino Dress Code
In essence, the Richmond Casino Hotel Resort welcomes everyone for as long as they adhere to the code of conduct. You are free to dress smart or casually, but you should also follow certain regulations, such as:
- Visitors need to be at least 19 years old (underage persons need to be accompanied by an adult)
- Intoxicated people, as well as people who are under the influence of alcohol or any kind of drugs, will be asked to immediately remove themselves from the premises of the casino
- Visitors are prohibited to carry alcoholic beverages, weapons, and illegal substances
The only type of clothing that visitors are not allowed to wear relates to gang-related brandings or emblems, graphics, clothes with obscene graphics, and clothes with profane language prints.
Food & Beverages
Some of the main attractions of the River Rock Casino Resort are the four very diverse restaurants. You’ll get the opportunity to dine at The Buffet, enjoy delicious and unique meals that the River Rock Food Court, grab a quick grub at the Curve Lounge, or spend a delightful evening at the famous Tramonto Restaurant.
The River Rock Casino Resort hosts various special events and promotions daily, monthly, and seasonally; the events and promotions are grouped in different categories, including dining, hotel, casino, seasonal, and wedding promotions.
Currently, the Dynamic Dollars progressive jackpot (which incorporates the progressive jackpot of numerous Canadian casinos) seems to be generating quite a bit of buzz. Apart from that, The Buffet offers a variety of brochure.
The upcoming promotions relate to the Chinese Year of The Rat, where you’ll be able to score more than $56,000 worth of prizes. The Curve Longue and Tramonto also offer special treats for the upcoming Valentine’s Day.
River Rock Casino Membership Info
You don’t need to be a member of the Richmond Casino Hotel if you wish to enter the casino, although booking a room and registering is required. There’s also a special VIP ‘Player’s Club’ which offers a plethora of benefits to gamblers.
Joining the Player’s Club will give you access to premium ‘Encore Rewards’. What’s best about it is that it’s completely free to join.
Some of the most notable benefits of the Encore Rewards include free points for slot games, monthly bonuses when you hit Double and Triple Diamond Membership status, access to a variety of VIP contests and tournaments, and many other privileges.
Accommodation & Transportation
River Rock Casino Resort is primarily a Hotel suite. You’ll be able to book suites, apartments, or standard rooms, and you can rest assured that there will be space since there are 396 rooms at your disposal.
On top of that, every visitor who books a room will also get the opportunity to enjoy the free spa and relaxation centers, free Wi-Fi, and free parking.
Richmond is brimming with history, and you’ll be able to check out a huge variety of historic sites, such as Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site in the Westwater Drive, the Stevenson Museum at the Moncton Street, the Aberdeen Centre at the Hazelbridge Way, the Gulf of Georgia Cannery at the Fourth Avenue, and many more.
If you, by any chance, get the notion that the River Rock Casino is too big for your convenience, you can always check out other local casinos; some of the attractions you’ll find nearby are Hard Rock Casino in Vancouver, the Elements Casino in the Surrey-Langley area, the Hastings Racecourse and Casino, Chances Casino in Maple Ridge, Chilliwack, and Dawson Creek, and plenty others.
A Premier Casino Experience
There are dozens of casinos in the Richmond area, but none are as big (and as accommodating) as the River Rock Casino hotel. With a huge selection of casino games, gorgeous dining spots, and plenty of promotions and special events, you are guaranteed to have a good time.
Pros and Cons
- Diverse Game Selection: River Rock Casino offers various games, including over 1000 slot machines, table games, and poker, catering to different gamblers. The casino is the largest in Canada.
- Entertainment Beyond Gambling: The casino is often not just about gambling; it’s an entertainment complex with shows, dining options, and sometimes even spa facilities.
- Security: High-level security measures are usually in place, making guests feel safe and secure while enjoying their time at the casino.
- Convenient Location: Locating near public transit and major highways makes it easily accessible.
- Rewards Programs: Loyalty programs can offer long-term guest benefits such as free play, comped rooms, and food and beverage discounts.
- Professional Staff: The dealers and service staff are well-trained, professional, and friendly, making the experience even more enjoyable.
- Wi-Fi: was a real disappointment and super slow when I was there last July 2023. However, the friendly staff said it would soon get an upgrade.
- Crowds and Wait Times: Popular games and tables can get crowded, leading to wait times that can be frustrating for some guests.
- Parking Issues: Finding parking can sometimes be a hassle, depending on the day and time.
Basic info – name, location, table games, slots, dress code
Name: River Rock Richmond Casino Hotel Resort
Dress Code: Smart, Casual
Address: 8811 River Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 3P8, Canada.
Tel: +(604) 247-8900
11am – 3am – 7 days a week
You must be 19+ to gamble in British Columbia. Please gamble responsibly